hyphenation: 2.5 ?

Thursday, April 19, 2012

2.5 ?





I was on the other side of the wall waiting for him to climb over and prove to me that I; better yet we were worth it. Instead, I was using all my strength to break it down, for days, for months but he just gave up and I kept trying. I wondered if Johnny saw Melvin’s reflection in my eyes when he... The indignity in me told him that I missed him and the only response I got in return was his disdain. The coward in me ran back to Johnny, and for the first time I got into bed with him and did not undress myself, I was already allegorically naked. I curled up next to him and allowed him to put his arms around me and I cried into his chest. I looked up at Johnny and I saw him, for the first time since I met him, I saw him. It was one of those moments where you come to the precipitous realization that destiny is not determined by choice, it’s fate. I woke up in the middle of the night to Johnny still holding me tight enough to not let me go but Melvin still exists in my head, and this was my fate.

No comments:

Post a Comment